October 28, 2011

Make That Milk!!!!

Ok so I feel like in the past month my milk supply has maybe gone down a little and it has made me paranoid. I have read a lot of things about natural remedies and ways to boost your supply as well as things to eat. I don't want to take any supplements yet because I would like to try other options. Then Justin and I went to the Breastfeeding Center today to get some Rockin' Green: Funk Out detergent for the nappies {cloth dipeys} as well as some of the sippie cup tops tor the Prince Lionheart bottles we have. I meantioned something about raisin oatmeal cookies and the woman say "Oh, we have a recipe for you!". She handed me a recipe for "special ingredient" oatmeal raisin cookies! Here is is with a photo tutorial-ish!! Enjoy!!


Housepoet's Famous Lactation Boosting Cookies
Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal {be generous}
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flower
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons Brewers Yeast {be generous}
3 cups oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate or peanut butter chips {optional}


Directions:

1. First make sure you have your helper. Ollie loves to be in his Hava Sling to help me cook or bake. 
 2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
3. Mix together water and flaxseed meal, and set aside for 3-5 minutes.
4. Beat butter and sugars into a cream.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, mix well.
6. Stir flaxseed mixture well and add to the butter then add vanilla. Beat until blended.
7. Add dry mixture and mix with a spoon. 
8. Put Tbs size amounts of cookie dough on a greased baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on size






Ugh!!! I'll have to upload more of the photos later in an update!! I really don't like when things don't work! Oh well, you'll see them very very soon. Oliver and I had so much fun making these cookies and they turned out chewy and delicious. Justin came home from work and ate about 12 of them! I guess he won't be having any lactation problems!!!! hahaha

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did and I want to know if it helps anyone with their milk supply. Hope to hear great things.


Peace, Love, & Flaxseed!

No comments:

Post a Comment